Wednesday, November 28, 2012

For-Profit Education Mea Culpa

I need to take a moment to apologize for some inaccuracies in Monday’s post titled “For Profit Education Disaster”. In my haste, and misunderstanding of what I had read, I made a few important blunders in the text. Notably, the fact that it was not the department of education but the GAO which had said certain schools had committed fraudulent acts. There are other slight missteps in the text as well, including the fact that the threshold for repayment rate qualification was 35% and not 40%, so in fact it’s even lower than I posted.

As I said, I am certainly not a for profit education equity analyst, but that said, I expect more out of myself, and I know you expect more out of me. There is a large difference between grammatical errors which frankly I could care less about given that I publish this blog for free, and factual errors which could sway someone in their decision making. The thesis of the post is unaltered, but I am rather ashamed that certain facts were wrong, and for that I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment