In honor of Presidents Day, we've compiled a list of some fun and surprising financial facts about the men who control -- and sometimes end up -- on the nation's money. Take a peek!
President's Day Pop Quiz: The Men in the Oval Office...And On the Money
- 1. Who was the richest president in U.S. history?
- Answer: D. George Washington
- 2. Which President got the most money for his memoirs?
- Answer: A. Bill Clinton
- 3. Who was the first president to get a presidential pension?
- Answer: C. Harry S. Truman
- 4. Several presidents were the beneficiaries of large family fortunes. Which president made the most money on his own?
- Answer: B. Lyndon Johnson
- 5. Which president has never been memorialized on a coin issued by the U.S. mint?
- Answer: A. Harry S. Truman
- 6. Who was the richest man to ever run for president?
- Answer: B. H. Ross Perot
- 7. Presidential signatures can be extremely collectible. Whose presidential signature is the most valuable?
- Answer: C. William Henry Harrison
- More Quizzes from DailyFinance:
Bruce Watson is a senior features writer for DailyFinance. You can reach him by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow him on Twitter at @bruce1971.
- Pop Quiz: Fun Facts About the World's Biggest Billionaires
- Pop Quiz: Do You Know Your Utopias as Well as Glenn Beck?
- Pop Quiz: Do You Know the Weird History of These Companies' Names?